Natural Diet is Key to Preventing, Reversing Crohn’s in Children, Israeli Expert Says

HOLON, Israel — The children’s gastroenterologist Arie Levine isn’t shy about calling himself a pioneer, at least when it comes to the origins of Crohn’s disease and how to cure it. He’s convinced that the genes kids are born with are not the reason so many of them in the developing world are getting Crohn’s

1. Karren Boeree says:

My son was diagnosed with IBD at 16 mths, he is now 16yrs old. This is the first time I have heard a doctor validate what I have known for 15 yrs! Up until now I had been discounted by doctors when telling them certain Foods triggered his IBD. I am very interested to hear the outcome of these trials.

• Aidan says:

Yes , I agree. Although I take an immunosuppressant , I have a list of trigger foods to avoid. Wish I’d realised this before having to have 15 cm of gut removed in 2013.

2. Ariella Richman says:

Hi,
    My son has Ulcerative Colitis. I am very interested in this diet approach described here. I will be in Israel this year. How can we get a consolation with Doctor Arie Levin?

Hoping to get a response….

Regards

Ariella Richman
    m +61 425 274 658
    Sydney, Australia

3. tanya ray says:

I was a vegetarian since I was 9years old (saw a movie on the Industrial Revelution…meat factories..ick). Prior to that I was a picky eater. So, I’m diagnosed with Crohns at the age of 19 years (probably had it since I was 10 years old). I was eating healthily, fresh veggies, fruits, whole grains, exercising/meditating and I end-up with Crohns

4. Carlos says:

This is a very interesting research. In my case I came to the Paleo Approach diet after learning on its benefits in a paper published in the IBD Journal. I’m running with Crohn Disease and treated with Humira for 4 months without any visible benefit. One week after starting the said Paleo Approach diet, my symptoms stopped and for the first time in 2 years went into remission without steroids. When I explained to my doctor about the diet he showed sceptical. I think that more research is needed in this field.

5. Jenny says:

I was diagnosed with Crohnes disease at age 16 years 1994 After Years of steroids and different medications with occasional relief. I had an emergency bowel resection and a bladder fushlas repair in 2010. I started to see foods effecting flare ups after that anything with artificial flavour or colours immediate sent me into flare up, and it’s amazing what’s in the food we eat actually scary. I completely believe food is a huge part of this disease and treatment.
    I am excited to hear the findings of this study. My specialist is pushing for me to start bio logics before I end up very sick again. I have been holding out hoping something like this to come up. The side effects of medication are cause all kinds of other health issues and I have a very difficult time receiving treatment from doctors they blame every problem on the fact that I have crohnes disease.
    I would love to take part in the adult study if or when it was available in Canada.

6. Chris Zettel Kocher says:

Hi
    My daughter was diagnosed with UC when she was 14. She is now 18. She has suffered everyday with her quality of life terribly diminished. She is on remincade and other immunosuppressants and still she has daily symptoms. I have inquired numerous times about diet only to be told every time that diet doesn’t affect UC. I can’t tell you how much it would be appreciated to learn more about this diet. I need to get her well so she can go to university in September and live Life again! How can we get involved?? PLEASE more information!

7. E. Blumenthal says:

After a very strong family history of Crohns and Ulcerative Colitis, my mother was afflicted with the disease in her early 40’s, before it was called Crohns Disease and known as Regional Enteritis. I too suffered from UC starting at the age of 16. In adddition to the genetic influence, it was apparent that stress and certain foods were a trigger. I have also have watched my child, at the young age of 8, fall into a diagnosis of UC after aggressive antibiotic treatments which killed the natural protective flora and her eventual remission through short term medication but most certainly adjusting a vigilant diet over the years. Kudos to Dr Levine for delving into the research which will reveal much and empower many people to finding better health.

8. Abhijit Bhowmik says:

I have been diagnosed with Crohn’s at age 29,I’m from India. I am very eager to know the diet prescribed by you that will heal my ulcers. Thanks in advance

9. murat says:

Hi, how could we find someone in Paris, France, to help us following the dr levine’s diet, for a girl of 10 years old, who have been sick for two years and respond very badly to treatments. are there correspondants who apply this method in France? it is hard to do it by ourselves.

10. Gunn Ingrid Dybfest says:

I make a lot of chicken broth that is simmering for 12 – 24 hours in a crock pot. Chicken broth is really giving the intestines a rest and calms down inflammation activity. To eat every day. It’s even tasty. Google it! Children likes this too! You can put vegetables like carrots, onions, brocolli, cauliflower and salt in it and let it simmer with the water and chicken bones. Vegetables and chicken are clean and organic.