Cannabinoid Combo Therapy Ended Teen’s Bowel Disease Symptoms, Study Reports

Cannabinoid Combo Therapy Ended Teen’s Bowel Disease Symptoms, Study Reports
A 13-year-old boy whose Crohn’s disease and colitis had failed to respond to standard treatments became symptom-free with a combo therapy that included cannabinoids, the cannabinoid therapy maker Vitality Biopharma reported. The study is one of the first to show that cannabinoids can eliminate inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) symptoms in a child or young adult resistant to other therapies, the

1. Sookie hill says:

My husband has ulcerative colitis and is on steroids. Why is it that cannabidiols would not work in adults?Your study specified a teenager.

• Tim Bossie says:

We highlight a teenager just because that was the participant. Cannabidiols have been effective in treating adults as well.

• jvon says:

It does work in adults. I have a severe case of complex fistulzing crohn’s-colitis.

When I have properly prepared high CBD low THC cannabis oil, it puts me in remission and keeps me there. No other treatment has been as reliable and effective.

• John says:

I posted this basic reply to another poster but I’m interested in any information on your properly prepared oil ratio.

What’s your CBD to THC ratio and the amount you take per day?

I’ve read 3cbd to 1thc and you need at least 60mg of cbd a day.

Any insight would be helpful.

Thanks.

2. Wendy Turner says:

My son Coltyn Turner has been on cannabis for over three years for severe debilitating Crohn’s disease and has been in remission for the majority of that three years. He started in 2014 when he was just 14 years old. Cannabis works.

• Tim Bossie says:

Hi Wendy, that is great about your son. There is no question that cannabis, and its derivatives, can help many people with chronic illnesses.

• John says:

Do you know his ratio of thc to cbd and the amount he takes per day?

I’ve read 3cbd to 1thc and you need at least 60mg of cbd a day.

Any insight would be helpful.

Thanks.

3. Misha says:

I have crohn’s, am 48 years old, and am in full remission due to FECO cannabis oil, and diet change. In my case, it turned out that ingesting anything with corn, or any other grain besides rice triggered the auto immune reaction known as “Crohn’s disease”. This goes beyond foods. MEDICINES are made with corn byproducts as inert ingredients (Thank the corn lobbyists) If I avoid anything that triggers it, I am, as I stated, in FULL remission. Best recommendation I can give is look to the paleo diet for guidance, and use FECO when you get hit. It’s the only thing that stops the reaction, Literally, in hours.

• Danielle says:

I get oils online from Whitepalm. If you don’t have a medical marijuana card, there is a space to enter your illness and symptoms and they will even suggest products.
      I use the NU cbd oil that comes in a syringe. This cbd oil has a small amount of THC in it as well. It works great for me in reducing stress, better sleep, and less inflammation. Pain relief as well.

4. May says:

Our experience with CBD has been amazing. Since we first started using it, we have noticed an amazing health improvement in my son’s life. His Crohn’s has been in remission since he has started the water soluble BioCBD. He had never been in remission before. He was only controlled with his other medications, but never in remission. The other medications he has used in the past have also left damaging effects, whether they were instant or long lasting. I’d say this is truly a blessing to our family!

5. Shannon says:

I have a terrible case of Ulcerative Colitis I was on multiple medications hospitalized more times then I want to count. I got into a drug study the last time I was hospitalized. It was also a TNF drug (Humira). It worked for awhile and then stopped. I have tried so much and with no change. They now want to take my colon. I’m an not in California but wish I was to take part in this alternative option instead of the removal or a body part to stop the pain.

6. Sue says:

Hi,
    I have heard that you should use the oil that has more THC, like equal amount of CBD and THC. Does anyone have any experience with this? I have had colitis for over 30 years now and have started to use the Cannabis oil but trying to find the right dose and kind. I have seen some improvement but no remission yet. Also does anyone know how this will affect ones ability to drive? If you don’t feel high can you drive?

7. Dave says:

Are the THC/CBD chocolate bars available as a product I can order? Or can I simply order the oils and mix them in a drink/smoothie etc?